Friday, February 18, 2011

Soup of the day!

Okay so I know that recipe posts can sometimes be super boring *sometimes*
But!
I have to share with you my favorite recipe before soup season is over.
--that I created I must add--
I don't know why I didn't do this months ago...but oh wells.

Homemade 15 Minute Minestrone Soup!

--It's super lame that I get so excited over a simple well-known soup--


Ingredients:
2 cans of diced tomatoes 
*I use Hunt's basil, garlic and oregano kind*
1 can tomato sauce
1 freshly diced tomato
1 sliced zuchinni (optional...it takes a few minutes longer to cook with it)
1can red beans *strained!*
peas
corn
*I use frozen*
fresh spinach
6 chicken bouillon cubes
6 cups hot water
ditalini noodles
cooked ground turkey (optional)
a little bit of hot sauce
and...
my not-so-secret-anymore ingredient...
taco seasoning!
*just a little bit though*
salt, pepper, italian seasonings...whatever you like.
I don't really measure anything. sorry.

I know it seems like a lot of ingredients but it's really not.
It's so simple.

Throw all the ingredients into a large pot and turn up your burner to medium heat and throw a lid on it.
Let it simmer for about 10 minutes and you're good to go!
I make this soup probably once a week.
It's both Josh and I's absolute favorite.
We've been living off of it all winter.

Let me know if you try it!
I would love to know how it turned out!

---

                                                 Tired puppy^                      Wild Flowers ^

Sorry that this post was rather boring, but I had an extremely long day and I'm too tired to tell stories.
I'm going to watch The Science of Sleep on Netflix now and wait for Hubby to get home so we can go to bed
Another long day tomorrow and then my three days off.
I need them more than ever.

Ciao. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...