Tuesday, December 14, 2010

elevenses

Josh and I didn't have to work today
so you know what that means...
SLEEP IN!




(I swear I have the cutest husband in the whole world, I mean c'mon, look at that adorable sleepy head!)


We slept in and then I made a big...Breakfast...at eleven o'clock.
I made Joshua some scrambled eggs, bacon and a bagel that I burned.
I made for myself:
Baked Oatmeal!
It was so so so good.
I recommend it to everyone!


It was so quick and east to put together.

How to:
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (the instant oatmeal cooks too fast and gets mushy)
1/2 c. brown sugar 
1 tsp cinnamon (I used a pinch more)
1/4 tsp nutmeg (nutmeg is my spice of choice; I used 1tsp)
1tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c. milk
1/4 melted butter (I used a little bit less. I didn't want it to be so fatty)
1 large egg
splash of vanilla
handful of dried cranberries (optional)

I mixed all of the dry ingredients together and then added the wet.

place in center rack of oven at 350degrees for 20-25mins
It should be lightly firm to the touch and no wiggle remains

let sit for 5 mins after removing from oven
spoon into bowls and top with milk and fresh fruit.
enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...