Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Little Bit of Drama and Tears.

The title of this post may be a bit dramatic.
There has been a death in the family *continue reading before panicking*
My beloved Nikon has passed.
 One should not get so emotional over a material object, I know.
But you see, my camera has been a part of me for almost four years now. 
A part of me that might as well be a part of my flesh and bone.
A part of me that has only seen what I have seen and frozen in time the moments that I have lived.
I know that any camera can do the same.
I know that it is replaceable. 
But a photographer and their camera is a special and emotional bond.
I have never needed a "better" camera. 
I may not be so emotional about this if I had the funds to replace.
I'm not sure when we will have enough money to get me a new camera...probably months.
I don't know what I am going to do.
My purse is going to be lighter.
Every moment of my life is not going to be captured in such a way.
My heart aches.
I have been thinking about getting a loan and starting a small photography business. 
Maybe this is my opportunity to get better equipment.
We'll see. 
I am sorry for being dramatic and emotional.
I'm sure if you're a photographer you know about this special bond between man and camera. 


P.S.
If you're curious to know how this unfortunate event occurred....
It fell of the kitchen table. 
What a horribly pathetic ending for such an adventurous soul.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...