Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Home again...

i went home to Newfane today to celebrate my two younger brother's birthdays. 
i always love going home.
i wish it was not so far away - - not that an hour is very far - but, for regular visits it is.
i never want to leave.
even though i love my life now, a part of me just wants to relive my childhood.
i didn't get enough time with my family.
or so i feel.
now that i am married family means everything to me. 
not that it didn't before...just as i get older it means different.
---
anyway, here are some photos that i took today while at home 

----


I found these cute old lady glasses on a shelf of my moms ^ 



Mom's ducks ^


Winnie's sister! for reals. ^


hollow soul ^


some of mom's old toy collection.
i love the colors ^


mom's old toy cameras ^


mom's rooster ^


i made a funfetti/brownie three-layer cake for my brother's birthdays.
it doesn't look very nice ^



Jake has always been so faithful to me
coming along on all my little adventures.
he is what a real brother is.
happy birthday, jake.
i love you.


the colors are beautiful.
i hate this though.
i want warm.
now.
please?





"To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time" - Clara Ortega

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...