Thursday, December 16, 2010

apple pie with maple syrup glaze

I made an apple pie tonight because I felt the need to use some of the apples I had that my parents gave me.
I've made about seven pies since we have been married; three of them were for Thanksgiving.
I decided to try and concoct a glaze/wash to brush over my crust so that it didn't dry out like the last times I made pie.
I usually do just an egg and butter wash but this time I felt like trying something new and delicious.
Result:
Maple Syrupy, sugary, buttery glaze/liquid-y stuff that tastes delish


How To:
in a small sauce pan melt together:
butter
maple syrup
white sugar
brown sugar
tiny splash of milk
cinnamon
and my favorite: nutmeg!

mix until all dissolved and it sort of has a thick texture

I didn't measure any of the ingredients. 
Just used a small bit of each and added more where I thought tasted like it needed extra.

Good luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...